Saturday, December 6, 2014

Getting Outside

As one can tell, this blog has been dormant for some time.  Since this last post, my blogging activity has been confined to the typical internal blog.  And so some reasonably reasonable content has had a largely limited audience.

However, during the midst of a recent Crowdchat, Dan Hushon asked "who's blogging?"... and I answered that my blog was on our internal Jive site.  As it happened, Dan and I were in the same room for the Crowdchat and afterwards he said, "So... why not an external blog?"  A question to which I didn't really have a response.

I said that I used to have an external blog... I'd need to find it... but other than that, I didn't really have a reason.

Dan (and others at CSC) have been talking about the benefits of Outside-in thinking and its importance to both our company and others.  But it's not just about pulling information in from the outside.  To really benefit from the Outside... you have to be there and be part of the information exchange.  Blogging and tweeting are a big part of that.

This year, I've done a reasonable job with my tweeting.  And so as 2014 starts to end, I'll make an early resolution to move my blogging back here.

No comments: